Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Custom Preprocessor Error
Jamik
Hi, I'm pretty new to Metatagger 4.0.1. We just installed it earlier this year on our servers and are working on our first project with it. We've got it to run successfully and tag several documents. However, now they want to pull year out of documents and put into a seperate field. Well, to accomodate that I started to create a preprocessor to look at the cracked file and get all the year dates from that. I read all I could find in the MT manuals about creating preprocessors and thought I installed it correctly. However, I'm getting this error when I try do a test run iwgenmetadata on my content:
Processing: C:\prashanth\archive\Marketing\docs\Site_analysis.doc
ERROR: While processing document: 'C:\prashanth\archive\Marketing\docs\Site_****
ysis.doc': [SERVER] failed to execute "C:\mt-home\conf\processors\CLT\yearPrePro
cessor.pl" -crackedText "C:\mt-home\conf\tmp\196014880256" -originalText "C:\mt-
home\conf\tmp\tmp_14912088"
Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Is there a place that shows a good example of creating preprocessors and ways to debug them?
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
First check your runtime.cfg to see if it is configured for your Perl executable. Also you might want to check out the iwmtfilternativemd CLT processor.
Jamik
the runtime.cfg is pointing to where the perl compiler is located at so that should be fine. And I have looked at all the processors. Can't really look to much though as they are exe files so that doesn't help me much and we are actually using them in our preprocessor group(at least the one you mentioned). What I would like to see is more documentation around the creation of pre/postprocessors or at least more/better examples of doing such a thing which I haven't seen anything in the Metatagger Documentation to help with this.
Migrateduser
Checkout <mt-home>\examples\processors\CLT. There are some perl examples there.