Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
DataDeploy and DCRs
mannyroble
Hi,
I have a question regarding deploying DCRs to a database. We are using TeamSite 6.5 and OD 6.0.2 on Windows 2003 Server.
We are using a form template to collect data and saving it in DCRs for database deployment.
Here's the problem - the data in the DCRs correspond to two tables LOCATOR - which holds information about branches and corresponding addresses. ADVISOR - holds information about mortgage advisors. A branch can have 0 or more Advisors and that is the problem. When I try and do a deployment it fails because DataDeploy requires that for each branch location that there at least be one advisor (I made the adivosr group required), so the deployment is successful for the locations with advisors, but fails when it gets to the locations without any advisors so the rest of the deployment fails.
So what I need DataDeploy to do is to insert locations into the LOCATOR table and when they exist insert advisors linked to the location into the Advisor table. When a location has no advisor, then it should just insert into the LOCATOR table. Reading through the documentation I thought the skip-group-if-null attribute on the <group> element corresponding to the ADVISOR table would do it - I was wrong. It skips the whole record entirely and so the location doesn't get inserted ever.
If I make the advisor group not required, null records are inserted into the ADVISOR table when there are no advisors for a corresponding location. If the advisor group is required, obviously the deployment fails once it gets to a DCR for a location without any advisors. Is there no way to do this at all? I've gone through the documentation and nothing seems to refer to this functionality I am looking for. Anyone run into this before?
Manny
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet