Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Different behaviour when editing DCRs
pbenn
TS6.1 SP2 Sol 9
I'm trying to understand the following difference in behaviour when I edit a DCR from two different locations.
I'm using CCStd and have a task with an attached DCR. I have an author submit workflow defined on the branch that takes me through the submit wizard when the DCR is edited. When I edit the DCR in the workarea, the submit wizard comes up automatically (via the 'Next' button). When I try to edit the same DCR in the task it is attached to, the DCR edit form does not progress into the submit (only has a 'Done' button).
I've found a way to force the submit wizard on the DCR that is attached to the task (go through the 'versions' screen) but ideally, I want the DCR edit form to transition into the submit workflow regardless of how the form is launched.
I've defined ttdata for the author submit workflow and it did not seem to make any difference.
Could this discrepancey in behaviour be caused by the fact that I am already in a workflow when I edit the task DCR vs the workarea DCR?
Thanks,
Peter
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
If the DCR is already part of a job/task it makes no sense for it to go back through the wizard steps to be submitted via *another* job - that's why it doesn't do that.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com