Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
disabling File>Delete
System
I´m trying to disable File>delete option for the Master role.
I´ve modified the ui_custom.xml file that way:
<iwov-delete>
<link id="iw.ccpro.file_menu.delete.link" />
</iwov-delete>
<link id="iw.ccpro.file_menu.delete.link"
refid="_iw.ccpro.delete.link"
operationID="iw.ccpro.file_menu.delete.op"
target="_hidden"/>
</link>
and in the roles_custom.xml if modified in the master_role the following:
<operation id="iw.ccpro.file_menu.delete.op" isPermitted="false" />
But when loggin as master I can see File > delete.
Should I modify anything else?
Thanks in advanced!!!!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Bill Klish
You don't need to do the iwov-delete at all. You are simply redefining the existing link, but need to do it as:
<link id="iw.ccpro.file_menu.delete.link"
refid="_iw.ccpro.delete.link"
operationID="cus.ccpro.file_menu.delete.op"/>
</link>
I assume you have the enclosing menu and action tags around this customization, do you?
to differentiate your changes, prefix the operation id with cus or something besides "iw" as it may interfere with things they have setup. Also, for role operations to work correctly, you need to define the operation in all 4 roles as either true or false. So, instead of setting master as false, you need to set all of the other roles too.
This seems like an odd customization to be doing, but if you need to do that, the above should work.
Adam Stoller
As I recall (hopefully incorrectly, but probably not) - in order to remove a standard OOTB menu item from a role that would normally have it, and still leave it for other roles - you have to do the following:
The problem is/was that the standard OOTB menu items did not come pre-defined with operationID's (or at least not that we were able to easily determine) and the operationID is what you need to reference in the roles_custom.xml file.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
rodigz
Hi ,
How come in ContentCenter
tandard does not hide the Delete for certain roles? Should I change additional files?
custom_ui
roles.xml
stefanmaier
Hi,
your given code[html]
[/html]contains some inconsistencies: iw.ccpro... <=> iw.ccstd...
I suggest, that you try to find the right IDs to disable the buttons in CCStandard.
Perhaps the CCStd config files in the directory \iw-home\httpd\webapps\content_center\WEB-INF\conf\ccstd give you some hints.