Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
How to end entire job if DNR fails
Kilroy
I've got my DNR "working" to stop the deployment when needed, response code="-2" and all...
When I wire this up in the demo workflow, at the task level, demo_aggregation_tier1, and it hits, it goes into "retry" mode on that workflow step.
Is there a way I can just have the entire job end programmatically at that point instead?
Kilroy
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Since I don't know your workflow or the code you are using to invoke OpenDeploy, it's hard to say what specifically you can do - however, presumably there is a script which is being used to invoke OpenDeploy - that script should check the return value from OpenDeploy to determine if it succeeded or failed - and the do whatever you want when it fails.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
james1
There is not a good way to do what you describe. I can think of two options:
1. Dig into the ControlHub::Workflow::WFT Perl module. This is neither recommended nor supported, as that module will simply be overwritten when you upgrade.
2. Set up the deployment failure e-mail to go to a special e-mail address that, instead of going to a human being's inbox, processes incoming mail and programmatically takes actions based on the content of the e-mail. In this case, you'd want the e-mail processor to run iwrmjob, and you'd need to provide the job ID in the e-mail message.
Just out of curiosity, is this something you want just while you're testing, or would you really want the job to come to a permanent end after an unsuccessful aggregation in production use?
Hope this helps.
-- James
--
James H Koh
Interwoven Engineering
Kilroy
I was afraid of that... We'd actually like to do the latter in production use. The DNR job I've written is designed to prevent publishing during certain hours of the day, and if it fails, I'd rather kill the entire job to avoid confusion down the road...
Migrateduser
Fyi, feature request #60635 has been updated for this use case.
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com