Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Uploading local file from Workflow Form
Dada
Hi,
I would like to upload a local file from the workflow and store it in server's file system. I added the following code to get the browse button in my workflow form but could anyone please tell me where should I write the server side JSP code to upload this file from the client machine to server file system?
Thanks in advance.
Regards
Tushar
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Dada,
Hello! I'm not entirely certain I understand the situation. I believe you customized your workflow form so as to add a "Browse" button. What follows after that, I think, is to add the necessary client-side JavaScript event handler that will then make a request to start the file upload. So I'm wondering if you need some kind of servlet on the server (i.e. servlet container) side to do something with that file stream.
Why is it that you need to store the file on the server's file system (which, I'm assuming, you mean the servlet container's file system - not the WSMP server's file system)?
Do you perhaps wish to create a (WOM) Document object out of the file? (i.e. store it as a document collaboration object in the WSMP server.) Or do you really want to just create a new file in the file system? If storing it as a Document object is sufficient, we should be able to come up with the right http request to invoke the WSMP command to import a new document.
Thanks,
Nick2112