Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
WFTask->GetSuccessor?
Bill_Stolp
I would like to write conditional execution in my .tpl based on the successor of my current task. Specifically, I want access to the <successorset> subelement of a <successors> subelement of an <externaltask> I've defined in a .wft.
I've reviewed the API for TeamSite::WFTask, and there doesn't appear to be any such method available. I've also tried examining
dcr.workflowinformation.task[0]->GetDescription and
dcr.workflowinformation.task[1]->GetDescription
but they don't give me what I want. It seems I should be able to get to the <successorset> element I want by using WFTask->GetXML(), but at this point I'm beyond the extent of my knowledge of workflows. Can someone provide a helpful pointer to help me get where I want to go?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I presume your PT is being used in an externaltask - yes?
If so - you could pass the name of the successor task to the externaltask script and then, probably, -iw_pt-arg with iwpt_compile.ipl to pass in that information to the PT - or, perhaps set it as an ENV variable before executing either iwpt_compile.ipl or iwgen and then perhaps access it from there (it's possible that either/both iwpt_compile.ipl and/or iwgen cleanse their environment first - in which case that won't work.
I can think of a number of other hack possibilities - but probably best you start with the above - if they work, they're a lot less hackish.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Bill_Stolp
If I understand you correctly, that's essentially what I'm doing now. My .tpl is referenced in the <variables> element using the <variable> tag. When my <externaltask> has the kind of <successorset> subelement I'm interested in, I add another <variable> tag to my <variables> markup, which I then access from my .tpl.
This gets the job done, but it would be nice if other developers (and myself) didn't have know about/remember to create the additional <variable> tag every time an <externaltask> has the appropriate <successorset>. That's why I'm trying to get a handle on the <successorset> directly within my .tpl.
If all of the ideas you have for accomplishing this are 'hackish', then maybe this is the best we can do. I just thought I'd ask.
Thanks.