Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Strange results with Front Office
Bill Klish
TeamSite 6.1 SP2
Windows 2003
Front Office 5.6.2 plus patch
Client
Windows XP SP1
Office XP
Both computers are on the same subnet
I am able to connect to the server using the front office configuration wizard on the client machine. I get the list of workareas and am able to connect and see the contents in the root of the workarea. However, if I try to change to another directory within the briefcase, it hangs for a second and then does nothing. However, if I try to open a file from the briefcase inside another application (like word), I am able to browse all of the directories without an issue. I can save, checkin, etc.
After trying to click into a directory, when attempting to log out of the client windows session, there is a hung Desktop Proxy process that I need to repeatedly kill. It seems like a network issue here, but am not sure where to look for any errors.
Can someone help?
If I login via the briefcase on the actual server, I am able to browse the folders in the briefcase without issue.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jzhuang
You can work around the problem by go to Explorer -> Tools Menu -> Folder Options -> View tab->
Uncheck the "Launch folder windows in a separate process" checkbox. Choose apply.
Then kill all explorer.exe process from task manager, restart explorer.exe from task manager. It should work then.
Bill Klish
That fixed it.
Thanks