Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Using later versions of JVM
andma05
I am using 4.1 SP1 and trying to make use of the Java applets with a Sun JVM version of 1.5.0. I have implemented HFB5 and also got the browser to validate the version of JVM by modifying bcheck.js.
However when I try to utilise the applets the system doesn't recognise that java exisits and just runs without applets !!!!
Is anyone succesfully running JVM 1.5.0 with applets functioning ? If so how ?
Many thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Nicholas
It seems that your problem is more related to the Java forum. Well what's the error message, browser and platform? what does your applet do?
andma05
The applets I refer to are the standard ones that come with the product ie (Multiple document upload and checkout etc.). The are no error messages but here is the scenario.
1.Start WSMP on a Machine running JVM 1.4.1 everything runs fine. Meaning I have the ability to upload multiple files when adding documents.
2. Machine running JVM 1.5.0 get the message at logon to say that the JAVA version is incompatible and applets will be disabled. When I go to add documents I am only able to add single ones. This is the way the product is designed to work, ie incorrect Java causes applets to be disabled.
3.in the forum article titled "Our worksite only works with JVM version 1.4.2_03" it suggests that by modifying bcheck.js the browser recognises the 1.5.0 version of Java and passes the test. When I've done this I am able to logon using a machine with JVM 1.5.0 without getting the warning of applets being disabled. However when I go to add a file I am only able to add single documents, meaning that the check for the JVM version is being done somewhere either before initiating the applets or by the applets themselves.
So what I'm wondering is anyone succesfully running the base product (WSMP 4.1 SP1 HFB5) with a JVM of 1.5 and applets working ie multiple document addition ?
Nicholas
hmm. well I am on WSMP4.1 SP1 HFB4 with recomended JVM. Before this installation, I tried with 1.4.2_08 but I faced some issues then shifted back to the recomended one. Is there any specific need to use 1.5.0 JVM?
andma05
Unfortunatly some of the users require the 1.5 version of JVM for another application that they run alongside worksite ????
JTNeville
I am running 4.1 (pre SP1) hfb3 I think too, long story short, all the Java's from 1.4 to 1.5 work with the multi-select. I'll try a test on my SP1 dev box soon as I apply hfb5 and report back.
as a side note, Apple released a java update to 1.4.2 that fixed some errors I was getting in Firefox/Safari.
JTNeville
Tested another round of Java.
MP/VNet (4.1SP1) [hfB5]
Logging in MP index.jsp
Any version of Windows and MS Java - no issues.
Windows 2000/XP Java 1.4.3 - No issues
Windows 2000/XP Java 1.4.4-8 - No significant issues; one thing to note if your java gets corrupted you will experience random freezing of the application window where as in 1.4.3 you get a crash window with a debug report.
Windows 2000/XP Java 1.5 - Can log in, Get a java is not configured correctly but it works.
Windows and Linux w/FireFox 1.7 and java plugin. Can log in, Get a java is not configured correctly but it works. Some formatting errors.
Apple Safari is prevented from logging in but if it could they would work in a limited way.
Logging in via custom no browser check index page:
Any version of Windows, Java 1.3 or 1.4 or 1.5 - No significant issues, some formatting errors.
Apple Safari, Java 1.4.2 SR2 - Some applets don't run (binary time, saved searches, etc...) but access is available.
Firefox 1.7, Java 1.4.2 SR2 - No significant issues, some minor formatting errors occur, some JS document.write issues.
testPie.rptdesign
Nicholas
Good. You started with your words. I appreciate.