Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
copy config from 552 to 6.1
nico
Is it safe to copy my available_templates.cfg file from my 552sp6 install to my new ts6.1 install?
Thanks,
Nico win2k
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
it should be fine to do so.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
gzevin
Only if you wear protective rubber gloves while doing so
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
nico
Ok so i've done so and my workflows are not showing up in the new jobs window. Is there some sort of reset i've got to do? I've already ran iwreset. ts6.1 win2k
Thanks,
Nico
iwovGraduate
You don't need to run iwreset in this case. Can you post your available_template.cfg ? (or relevant snippets of it)
Adam Stoller
Are you sure it's not an error in your available_templates.cfg file?
Perhaps you're using branch specifiers and they don't match any more?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
nico
the file is attached please review
nipper
do you see any of the new job options ? i.e. author assignment ?
What role are you logged an as ? Also what user (some were tied
to users) ?:
<user value='domain\someuser' include='yes' />
<user value='domain\someuser2' include='yes' />
<user value='domain\someuser3' include='yes' />
<user value='domain\someuser4' include='yes' />
What error do you get ?
nico
not seeing the added jobs but seeing all the standard out of the box stuff. I'm logged in as master and my user account is specific to one of the workflows.
Not getting an error however not seeing the new job options.
nico
nipper
what UI are you using ?
If you have cc_std it does not have a branch associated to it.
cc_pro does
Adam Stoller
You say you are seeing the OOTB workflows but not the custom (domain/*) workflows - right?
According to your config:
domain/mktg_static_maintenance.wft
New Job
Masters only
domain/member_test_deploy.wft
New Job
/main/extranet branch
domain\someuser
domain\someuser2
domain\someuser3
domain\someuser4
domain/member_prod_deploy.wft
New Job
/main/extranet branch
domain\someuser
domain\someuser2
domain\someuser3
domain\someuser4
domain/public_test_deploy.wft
New Job
/main/www/public
domain\someuser
domain\someuser2
domain\someuser3
domain\someuser4
domain/public_prod_deploy.wft
/main/www/public
domain\someuser
domain\someuser2
domain\someuser3
domain\someuser4
Questions:
Those are the things I can think of for now.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
nico
ok problem solved turned out I was trying to run new jobs in ccstd and I had no idea that it could not figure out the branch association. I see the ootb workflows in standard but none of my added workflows, however in ccpro I see everything if i'm in the correct branch. So how the heck do you get it working in ccstd?
Thanks,
Nico
nipper
ok problem solved turned out I was trying to run new jobs in ccstd and I had no idea that it could not figure out the branch association. I see the ootb workflows in standard but none of my added workflows, however in ccpro I see everything if i'm in the correct branch. So how the heck do you get it working in ccstd?
That is the $1M question. I do not know of a way, however Fish said OOTB, cc_std does not have the branch context, so maybe he will know how to accomplish this. Of course I do not know who will pay him for answering the $1M question.
Adam Stoller
I think there have been some posts on this - and perhaps either Dan Bowker or Bill Klish did this as part of their customizations.
My understanding is that you can add a New Job link to the area-naviagtion screens within CCStd.
I haven't done it because I haven't had to use CCStd yet (and hope not to do so - since CCStd also does not allow for [as far as I can tell] the selection of files within the browsing/navigation interface)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com