Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Custom menu items, who do they run as ?
nipper
I have taken the showenv.cgi and placed it into a custom menu item in TS 6.5 Solaris. I made a change to touch a
file /tmp/foo
When I do that the ownership is iwui and nobody. I thought custom menu items would impersonate the user and follow
my group and user info ? IIRC, it worked that way in 5.5
ANdy
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Johnny
iwcgi_wrapper.cgi my dear friend.
To impersonate the user start with /iw-bin/iwcgi_wrapper.cgi/your_script.ipl
John Cuiuli
Frederik
we're in a 5.5 to 6.5 migration, and just noticed the same thing. In 5.5, your custom menu item will always be called via the iw_cgi_wrapper.cgi, that takes care of impersonation.
In 6.5 that is not a automatism any more, and moreover, the documentation DOESN'T mention iw_cgi_wrapper.cgi at all any more (uicg.650a.cg.pdf), apart from being in the setuid list (appendix F, ts.650a.admin.unix.pdf)
Bizarre.
Oh, if you use the wdpro_menu.ipl wrapper (that emulates (most of) 5.5) then iw_cgi_wrapper.cgi is used automatically.
--Fred.