Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
excludePath vs. excludePatter
ttriemst
I am hoping that someone will be able to assist me. I have a directory, /lcl/data, that I am deploying content to without any problem. Under the /lcl/data directory, I have a directory called "WEB-INF" that is already on the target directory(which is what I want), but not in the source directory (which is correct). When I do a deployment, it is deleting my WEB-INF directory when I don't want it to because it does not exist in the source. The following lines are from my configuration file:
<pathSpecification>
<filters>
<excludePath subPath="WEB-INF" />
<excludePattern regex="*/WEB-INF/*" />
</filters>
<path name = "." />
</pathSpecification>
I have read through other postings, but from what I can tell, this should work. I am running OD 6.0 on Solaris 2.9. Would anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
You need to specify the filters for BOTH the SOURCE and TARGET sides of your deployment.
You basically want to tell OpenDeploy that it knows nothing this directory - if you tell it only that it knows nothing about it on the source side - then it sees that as being an indication for deleting it on the target side.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
ttriemst
I see now, that makes sense. What file would I put the "excludePath" filter into on the source side?
Adam Stoller
That's a fairly basic RTFM-type question: I suggest you [re]read the OD manuals and/or take some OD training if you need to ask that kind of question.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com