Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Redirect Users to workflow screen after new job
System
I am running TeamSite 6.5 SP1 on Solaris.
Is it possible to redirect users to workflow/tasklist screen after they start a new job on Content interface? This is to avoid having users to click the workflow tab to access workflow tasks when they start a new workflow.
Thanks
Jason
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Well, you COULD have a CGI task start immediately as the first step in the workflow, which does an HTTP GET to
http://<servername>/iw-cc/command/iw.ccpro.new_job
-- but can I ask why you'd want to prevent them from clicking on the workflow tab? It sounds like there might be a better solution than this.
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
By the way, I miss Unix terribly.
BIRTHelp.jpg
Migrateduser
This is the default behavior when we start the workflow in 5.5.2. It makes sense from users point of view that they want to be on workflow screen once they start the new workflow. I just wonder if there is an easy way than adding the cgi task to do the redirect.
Migrateduser
I'm sorry, I completely misunderstood. Forget what I wrote previously -- what you should be able to do is have a CGI task start immediately (and do a successful callback, etc.) that does something similar to the following:
<script language="Javascript" type="text/javascript">
opener.window.location = '
http://<servername>/iw-cc/command/iw.ccpro.workflow'
;
self.close();
</script>
... which is hopefully pretty self-explanatory. What I'm not sure about is if the "opener" object still points to the TS GUI at that point. There are other options, but I think that's a best case scenario.
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
By the way, I miss Unix terribly.
Migrateduser
I thought we cannot set start=t for CGI task, can we do th same thing with externaltask?
Jason
Migrateduser
You can absolutely set start="t" for a cgitask. I have many workflows that start like that. An externaltask doesn't have the same interface capabilities as does a cgitask.
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
By the way, I miss Unix terribly.
Migrateduser
Thanks, I was able to implement the solution you provided.
Jason
jbonifaci
You could also probably do the same thing in the workflow kick off screen, avoiding the need for the cgi task. Just a thought.
Migrateduser
That would involve either modifying one of IW's scripts or refreshing to the workflow/task display before the job is actually instantiated and thus the new job wouldn't even appear.
I stand behind the CGI task idea
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
By the way, I miss Unix terribly.