Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Copy DCR
megamala
I am newbie to FORM API. I am looking to copy the DCR From Teamsite to NonTeamsite area whne users save the dcr.
example
cp /default/main/xx/WA/workaname/templateda/cat/typ/xx.xml /hom/****/
TIA
MM Guptha
TS5.0.2 SP1 on Solaris
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jbonifaci
First off, I'm curious why you want to do this? Secondly, depending on your requirements, you might want to consider doing this through workflow rather on on save of the DCR. If you insist on doing this on save of the DCR, RTFM on onSaveDone, callServer and getDCRName.
~Jeff
megamala
We want access these DCRs from another server. We can't do with NFS mount(TS 6.1 Linux deosn't support NFS mount). Thats why we are looking some kind of event whenever users create/edit the dcr, it should sync with Non Teamsite area.
TIA
MM Guptha
TS5.0.2 SP1 on Solaris
jbonifaci
Sounds to me like you'll want to create a workflow that uses OpenDeploy to copy the DCRs to your other server once they are submitted to staging.
megamala
We want copy to the same server where TS resides, I gues we no need OD. We want copy the file before they submit to the staging. I am looking to do it using FORM API.
TIA
MM Guptha
TS5.0.2 SP1 on Solaris
Edited by megamala on 09/15/05 09:06 AM (server time).
jbonifaci
Well, it still sounds like a strange requirement to me, but as I said in my previous post, you should be able to accomplish this fairly easily with formapi. Read up on onSaveDone, callServer and getDCRName.
~Jeff
LooseCannon
you can also kick off the custom copy script via a registered submit event
megamala
Thanks, I got it using FormApi
TIA
MM Guptha
TS5.0.2 SP1 on Solaris