Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
iwmerge
lizn
I'm trying to use the iwmerge.ipl command and I can't seem to get the syntax correct or maybe i don't understand what the iwmerge is supposed to do. here's what i've tried using
E:\>iw-home\bin\iwmerge.ipl -m -a main/branch1/WORKAREA/mbTest_WA/templatedata/test_CT main/branch1/WORKAREA/test_WA/templatedata/test_CT
So I basically want to take anything that's in the mbTest_WA/templatedata/test_CT and merge the changes into the test_WA/templatedata/test_CT but it doesn't appear to do anything. Is my syntax bad or is this not how this program is supposed to work?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
It would be worthwhile to add the '-p' switch and see if it's doing what you want. What it does is merge or annotate differences between the specified version of a file and the version in the specified TS area. Using the '-p' switch will show what the program does. Frequently that doesn't seem to be very much because there are no conflicts to resolve. If yuou contrive some conflicts it will be easier to see what 'iwmerge' is doing. Especially using the '-c' option.
HtH