Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Passing value
vens
Hi,
I want to pass my iw_value to Javascript function,How to do that?
Thanks,
Venu
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
dazzlad
I think you'll need to explain a lot better than that if you are going to get an answer here.
Darren.
stefanmaier
Hi Venu,
I think, to answer this question we need some more information:
What are you trying to do?
In which context do you wanna use (clientside?) javascript?
OS?
TS version?
Regards
Stefan
jbonifaci
Likely you are trying to do this in a TPL. All you need to do is understand that your TPL gets executed on the server, the javascript call you are doing gets executed on the client side. So if you're calling a function myJavascriptFunction and want to pass it a string 'myItemValue', you would just do something like this:
myJavascriptFunction("<iw_value name='myItemName'/>");
This will output:
myJavascriptFunction("myItemValue");
And this will get executed on the client side, where your javascript is.
Hope that helps clear things up.
~Jeff