Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
CGI Callout : iw_item_name vs iw_callback_var
Frederik
Regarding our migration from Teamsite 5.5.2 sp4 to 6.5 sp2, on Solaris.
We noticed today that one of our old Data Capture CGI callouts was using iw_item_name to write the result back to, instead of iw_callback_var. The callout failed with javascript errors, and the (in the callout) choosen value never made it back to the DCR
In 5.5, this worked fine, because both these CGI variables had the same value. But in 6.5, they are different.
Example TS 55
iw_callback_var : bakarts/0/contid
iw_item_name : bakarts/0/contid
Example TS 6.5
iw_callback_var : bakarts/19/contid
iw_item_name : bakarts/0/contid
The callout is on a "browser" element, which is in a replicant.
I realise that the code example in the doc uses iw_callback_var to determine the DOM element to overwrite and refresh, but this made me realise that I don't understand the diff between those 2 elements.
Anyone?
From the doc (tst.650.dev.pdf, p. 97)
- iw_callback_var: The name of the form element that launched this callout.
- iw_item_name: The name of the data capture item that launched this callout.
I have no clue what that means (ok, I know about HTML, Forms, DOM; and data capture templates, but what is the diff here?)
--cheers, Fred
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet