Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Teamsite and OpenDeploy
CopyKat
Hi,
We are using teamsite 5.5.1 and would like to create a delete workflow that either activates when user deletes a file or explicity call the workflow to delete the file from the webserver? I understand this is a default with teamsite 6.5? Is there any documentation or examples I can look at to implement such a workflow on TS 5.5.1?
Thanks,
Raj
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Sheesh - 5.5.1 ... At this point I can't remember what changed in terms of features / functions / CLTs / etc between 5.5.1 and 5.5.2 let alone between 5.5.1 and 6.5 (which is where I've been doing most of my work for a year or so now)
I believe you can use 'iwat' to catch the deletion event and through that (assuming that iwat is running as root/system) be able to invoke a workflow with the deleted file / directory associated with it using iwjobc and iwinvokejob [note: this requires a *job description file* - not a WFT]. However, are you *sure* you want this automated like that?
The other alternative would be to use a nested workflow approach - you'll have to do your own nesting I think because I don't believe wfttask's came about until 5.5.2 - but if you do so - the 'parent' workflow can check all pre-selected files to veriffy that the files actually exist in the areavpath - if they don't - it can invoke a different job (again, usiing a job description file / iwjobc / iwinvokejob) via an externaltask *or* perhaps go through a different transition path in the workflow.
Beyond that - the query is a bit vague - so that's about as much as I'm willing to offer - other than to say: You *really* need to upgrade ASAP - you're working on a very-unsupported version of the product.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
CopyKat
Yep we are upgrading this year or the project is due to start this month. The issue at hand is the teamsite prod branches of our websites are out of sync with the content on the webservers.
There is a lot of old, old content on the production webservers and we are worried that if we upgrade to 6.5 the website will break because of the existence of files on the production that were deleted in teamsite.
Basically, I'm trying to figure out either a) implement a delete workflow to slow down the syncronization issue or b) actually figure out what is out of sync.
or c) implement this as part of 6.5
Raj
Adam Stoller
I think you need to compare the files and figure out if you're missing anything in TS that you better copy it there.
whether you do it before or after the upgrade is probably just a choice that has to be made.
(backing up the webservers before you go too much further wouldn't be a bad idea either ...)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
CopyKat
Thanks. Most likely we will be doing that.
I still have to implement a delete workflow though - so I've told - are there any examples anywhere?
Adam Stoller
I don't know if there are any good examples of delete workflows out there - but basically - if you delete a file and the file is attached to a workflow that submits the deletion and then performs a deployment with doDeletes enabled - it should take care of deleting the files on the web servers.
You have to be careful to make sure that doDeletes will do what you want and not delete things you don't want to delete. The more well-organized your TS tree is with respect to your web server tree - the easier it is to do this.
I'd suggest running OD with the '-sim' flag a few times first so you can look over the logs to see what it *would* do if you hadn't used the '-sim' flag.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com