Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Apply watermark task to image already in Mediabin?
ScrodMan
Hello.
I have uploaded about 6 hours worth of images to our mediabin. This is 1500 images totalling about 50 GB.
Then AFTER this long upload finished, I was asked after that to apply a watermark to them!
I have successfully created a task that allows me to watermark images when I first add them to mediabin or when I check them out and back in.
However, I would like to know if I can apply the watermark task (which includes no encode or decode steps) to the many many images I already have in mediabin without having to check them out and back in and apply the task, or without having to delete all the images and do a fresh upload with the task.
If there is no easy way to do this, then because I am an advanced programmer, I am willing to consider any options you can suggest.
Thanks all!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
lyman
There are various solutions that can be scripted but the simple answer is that there is really nothing that is more efficient than re-inserting with a different insertion task.
More complicated solutions would be necessary, for example, if one had significant metadata applied already that needed preserving,
Cheers,
Lyman Hurd
MediaBin Server Team
MediaBin Server Team
Interwoven, Inc.
Migrateduser
If you have Deployment Agent and Hot Folders installed (and if you don't have a large amount of folders in which the images are stored), you could do it this way:
- define a Hot Folder to import assets using your new watermarking task
- define a DA schedule to export files from MB into your Hot Folder
This way, when you run the DA schedule the images are exported to the Hot Folder and then reimported in MediaBin. When Hot Folder tries to import an image that already is in the target container, it creates a new version of it (iirc metadata is not destroyed).
You could then write a script that deletes the initial version (if you have disk space problems or simply want to get rid of all the non-watermarked images)
Folco Banfi
lyman
Intriguing approach! To be technical, any custom metadata you may have added is preserved between versions. Any non-custom metadata (e.g., edits to the copyright notice or caption) are not preserved. The rationale is that one could have edited the non-custom fields in an app such as Photoshop and therefore we have not way of knowing whether you wanted the version in MB or the version in the file.
Cheers,
Lyman Hurd
MB Server Team
MediaBin Server Team
Interwoven, Inc.
ScrodMan
What a great idea! Thanks for being so ingenuitive!
Migrateduser
I'm a bit twisted, I know...
Glad to be of help!
Folco Banfi