Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
dropping DAS
mmarano
We just purchased Teamsite, OpenDeploy, and DataDeploy for a large consumer website we are building. We are using teamsite to manage database records, which we will be deploying to production for serving by a custom webapp.
I'm currently working on figuring out DAS. We are going to be using DAS locally for previewing. We're not really going to use the stock DAS configuration, so I'm working through some of those issues. As I keep changing my DAS configs, I need to recreate my DAS setup for a given DCT (I'm just testing with one sample to start, till I sort it out).
How do I go about dropping the DAS setup, so I can reconfigure it? Essentially, I want to be able to change the dcrtype_dd.cfg, and drop everything (triggers, db tables), and start it over. Does running iwsyncdb -initial on it the workarea category/type reset it?
thanks for your help.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
I'm not sure what you mean by dropping or resetting DAS. I think what you want to do is start from scratch, and drop the tables that were created from your previous DAS deployments. Or are there only table entries for certain configs that you want to clean up?
So cleaning up/resetting would really boil down to cleaning up the tables that DataDeploy created in your database for tracking purposes.
There are several tables. I'm going off memory so you may need to check the DD admin guide for the exact table names.
First off, DAS creates a staging table and workarea tables for your templating type. These names can get long because it used the branch, store, workarea, templating type , etc to construct the name. So DD maps these names to short names starting with an IWT_ prefix. So you would need to delete those tables To determine which short tables correspond to the long names for you templating type, look up iwov_idmaps;
Also delete the approp entries in the following. Or just delete the whole table if you are totally starting DAS from scratch and don't care about your other templating types, DAS configs, etc
IWOV_IDMAPS - This table maps long table names to short table names. You can delete entries as I mentioned above.
IWDELTRACKER - keeps track of the DCR and associated keys
IWTRACKER - keep track of worakrea/staging area table relationships
IWTMP_LOB - used for LOB deployments
Mariam
mmarano
I am using one tablespace for all the DAS testing I'm doing. I have some dcrtypes which I don't want removed, and some that I do. I know that I could remove the tables, but won't the triggers still be registered in the event subsystem to attempt the datadeploy tasks pointing to those tables?
Migrateduser
DD doesn't use database triggers if that's what you mean by triggers. It looks at templating.cfg and what config files you have to determine what to deploy. Check out page 99-100 of the DD admin guide (for 602)
Mariam