Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
iw_solution.ipl
Bhargav Coca
I am on TS6.5 on Win 2000. I have some problem with my iw_solutions.ipl. My workflow is getting stuck at the email task. Can any one suggest me what is going wrong here. I am attaching my iw_solutions.ipl and my job specs.
Thank you in advance
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I'm assuming you mean iw_solution_email.ipl - not iw_solutions.ipl - yes?
Did you (or someone at that organization) modify the iw_solution_email.ipl script?
If not - the problem is most likely *not* in the script - but rather in one of the PT's that it is using or how you're calling it from your wft (sorry - don't feel like digging through your code right now to look).
If you're using the OOTB PTs - unmodified - then it is most likely your WFT ... or mailserver settings in your iw.cfg ... or the mailserver that you're connecting to.
I suggest you do a bit more investigation yourself to try to isolate the problem yourself. You have the environment in which to perform tests (such as running iw_solution_email.ipl from the command line with the appropriate command line arguments, perhaps running it within the perl debugger, etc.)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Bhargav Coca
I did some investigation on the iw_solution_email.ipl. I ran this from the command line, it didn't help a lot. I set the debug to '1' and it wrote the error into the log file, here is the error. but i don't see any wrong with it on line 190.
Error: "Exception in C:\Interwoven\TeamSite\local\config\wft\solutions\iw_solution_email.ipl: Task is not valid at C:\Interwoven\TeamSite\local\config\wft\solutions\iw_solution_email.ipl line 190.
Thank you
Adam Stoller
What is the *exact* command line you used to run this script?
What taskid does it say is invalid?
To what task does that taskid refer?
Is that a valid task is an active workflow?
Is that the externaltask used to run the iw_solution_email.ipl script?
You're basically supplying only piecemeal information to the forum and expecting us to be able to debug your problem from it.
My guess is that if you understood better what you were doing you would be able to debug this yourself - which would be the best thing since you are working in the environment in which the problem is occurring and we aren't.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Bhargav Coca
This doesn't amek sense for me, my command which runs in email task is
<command v='"F:/iw-home/iw-perl/bin/iwperl" "F:/iw-home/local/config/wft/solutions/iw_solution_email.ipl" -t "Approver"'/>
But my home is C:/Interwoven/TeamSite
Even if i run the command from the comaand line it doesn't recognise this at all. So i run the ipl by double clicking on the file. I used the debug statement to identify the task ID #. Nothing is being passed as taskID. My command is the same as above. I have trouble debugging this, any ideas here pleasee.
Thank you
Adam Stoller
You need to take some training and/or do a lot more reading about debugging workflows.
There are certain command line paramaters that are passed automatically to the externaltask script when it is run from the WFT - if you're going to try running it yourself from the command line you need to know what those parameters are and provide them yourself (e.g. jobid, taskid, etc.).
If the paths in the WFT are incorrect - then I'd be surprised if it works at all - try fixing the paths in the WFT and see if that resolves your problem.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Bhargav Coca
I got it working, i was forseeing the path, as you suggested it working good now.
Thanks