Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
404 File not found when previewing
davemackey
TS 6
Windows 2003
When trying to preview from within forms publisher I am receiving a 404 file not found error. I have check and I don't see a temp file being created by the system. Any ideas on what is the issue. One side note is that when generate is click it generates an html page but there is on content in the page.
Thanks for your help.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
Does preview of any content work ? Can you click on an HTML page and view it ?
Where are you saving preview (check your templating.cfg preview dir) ?
Is this for all templates or just one ?
davemackey
If i place a html, asp, aspx page on the system I cam preview it fine.
Yes this is an issue with all templates including the examples.
The preview dir is set to "/" which I think is the root of the workarea.
Migrateduser
Can you verify that you have write permission to wherever the output file is being created?
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
By the way, I miss Unix terribly.
davemackey
My account has Full Control over the folder including write permission.
Version: Interwoven TeamSite 6.5.0 Service Pack 1
Build Number: 46458
nipper
ok, if you generate, is the file correct and it displays correctly.
When you hit preview it does not.
Open a windows explorer and traverse the Y drive to the local workarea
and see what zz files are there.
try deleting any and try again.
also, are you generating in the docrrot ? try it
davemackey
When I generate it creates the file but the file is not correct. Here is what it generates:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"></HEAD>
<BODY></BODY></HTML>
There are no zz fles in my workarea. It appears that the system is not creating the files. I have search the file system for any zz it found two in my workarea under "templatedata"
zz_tst_dave.mackey_0_manifest
zz_tst_dave.mackey_1_manifest
nipper
The generate is the same for all templates ? Even the sample ?
How about using iwpt_compile ?
davemackey
I tried using iwpt_compile.ipl and noticed that the file site is 0KB. I opened the file using note pad and its empty. could you send my a copy of you iwpt_compile.ipl?
nipper
It is attached
davemackey
That was the issue. I replaced my empty iwpt_compile with the one you provided and everything appears to be working.
Thank you for all your help.
nipper
seen this too many times, someone tries to pipe output from one app
to a perl script and ends up overwriting the script (or Perl).