Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
cgitask that allows users to add files
nugget_shark
Hi,
Does any one have an example of a cgitask that is used to allow users to browse to workareas and select additional files to add to a workflow?
Interested in hearing what type of approach, procedures, methods would be used to accomplish this....
Thanks in advance!!!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I don't think you'd want to be browsing to *other* workareas - the files associated with a task should all be associated with the areavpath of that task.
Having said that, no, I don't have any pre-written code for browsing the current (or any other) workarea for selecting files, but I think the 6.5 UI's provide some of that functionality OOTB (haven't played with it too much in that regard though, so I could be wrong)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
does it work your req?
<template_script><![CDATA[
# insert file list if we have it
if (__ELEM__('iw_file')) {
__INSERT__("<files>");
for (my $i=0; $i <
@submit_file
; ++$i) {
__INSERT__("
<file path='$submit_file[$i]' comment='task file'/>");
}
__INSERT__("\n\t</files>");
}
]]></template_script>
This is the simple script to select the number of files.
Thanks
RG
Adam Stoller
r_g - that's WFT code - for associating pre-selected files to the start task - *not* cgitask script code for allowing the user to select files and attach them to a task post-instantiation -- which is, I believe, what is being asked for.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
nugget_shark
RG,
Thanks for the reply...
I think that the script you provided inserts the files already attached to a workflow...
I'm looking to developing a procedure that, via CGI, prompts the users to locate and select additional files to add
to the workflow...
Doug
employee_report.rptdesign
nugget_shark
thanks...
you're right, I would only allow them to browse out to files in the current workarea...
yah, we're working on 6.5, but I too have not had a chance to investigate the OOTB functionallity, thus
one of the reasons for the question...
take care...