Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
When upgrading, install.bat "disappears"
System
Trying to upgrade TS6.1 to 6.5. When I click on the install.bat script, I see the DOS window doing its little thing and then the window disappears, with no installation dialogue to follow. I've even tried invoking the "private.exe" command directly but to no avail. I haven't seen this before and I'm wondering if this is a known issue with the 6.5 installation on a Windows 2003 server? I've read the installation guide but it makes no mention of this -- at least, not that I've found.
Thanks,
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
By the way, I miss Unix terribly.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
I found out that the problem was due to a recent OS "upgrade" to SP1 (Win 2003). Apparently, the new service pack likes to block software from running. NICE, HUH? Man, I hate Microsoft...
Anyway, it's working okay now.
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
By the way, I miss Unix terribly.
ProfessorX
In my case I have an issues with CSF 1.1.1.0 which comes with the OD Admin install. After installing od Admin 6.0.2 and rebooting, I do believe the CSF (private.exe) gets called which throws and error.
If I could just download CSF 1.1.1.0 and install sepertaly I think I could get around this issue. I am opening a tech support case....spent 2 hours on this issue and enough is enough.
suri123
check the following settings on your windows server
My Computer-> Properties->Advanced ->Performance-> click settings button ->Data Execution Prevention
And select
Turn on DEP for Essential windows programs and services only.
Follow the below steps
1. Uninstall ODAdmin
2. Enable the above mentioned server settings.
3. Install ODAdmin.
Let me know if this helps.
ProfessorX
suri123
<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_86888", true); </SCRIPT>
I Did this before and forgot what I did
your post ssaved me
ParameterControlledChartTitle.rptdesign
lucy1
I faced this issue today.Ur post helped me.Thank u