Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Manipulating Teamsite Stores
pranav
Hi all,
I have few doubts regarding teamsite stores .Please have a look on these ::
>> Is this possible to rename the store name in teamsite server ?
By default the store name we use is "default". I want to change this name to some other name.As much as i know default can't be changed, but still not sure sure about this.Can we do this with some other store except default one ?
>> How to move iw-store from one domain to another ?
My testing teamsite site server is running on domain say,D1, and the store is located at C:\iw-store\default. My another teamsite server is running on some other domain ,D2, and store is C:\iw-store\default (This is why i asked the first question, i first want to change the name of this store).Anyway, my store is like c:\iw-store\test (another one i have created for test purpose). Now i want to move this "store" from one domain to another one.In our case i want to move this store from domain D2 and make this as a store for teamsite server which is running on D1 domain.
Is it possible.
Current Environment:
TS 6.1with SP2 on W2K3 with SP4
Hope to get some reply.
-thanks,
Pranav
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
>> Is this possible to rename the store name in teamsite server ?
I know it's possible on Unix - I assume its possible on Windows - though I don't know the exact means for doing it there. (On Unix, I'd shut down the server, rename the /
backingstore
/default and change the content of
/etc/defaultiwstore
)
>> How to move iw-store from one domain to another ?
The biggist issue with moving backing stores from one domain to another is the SIDs associated with local disk user accounts and groups - there have been a lot of posts on this in the past - mostly leading to the use of
iwidmap
.
I suggest you talk to Support about both of these issues - which I would generally recommend with
anything
that has to do with manipulations of the backing store.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com