Hi frds,
TS 6.5 + Weblogic 8 + Soalris + iPlanet WebServer
Requirement description:
User sends a request to to Web Server say
www.abc.com/health/home/home.do then I would like to forward this request to health app server and directory structure for app server is
WEB-INF/content/home/tiles/ which has all the tiles to build the home.do file. (Typical struts tiles structure) All the URLs in the page are relative to content directory.
I added "health" as context root in the weblogic.xml so that when user clicks on any URL it shud be properly build. For example if user clicks on a link say news which has href path /news/news.do it will be redirected to /health/news/news.do and finally app server gets the request. But its not able to add the context root when I have URL something /news/news.do and it adds context root when it has URL like news/news.do without / in front. Seems to be when it starts with "/" it takes this as absolute URL but without / it takes this as relative URL and it works. So application people are asking here to remove / in cms itself in presentation files when it spits out the html but I am not fully convinced on this. Is this the only way to get the appropraite URL and I believe Interwoven claims they are compliant with web logic app server. Isnt there any setting app server we can do and configure the URL to appropriate location.
looking forward to your inputs here . or let me know if my request is not clear