Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
What do External tasks run as on Windows?
fiquebem
I am running TS 6.5 SP2 on my Windows 2000 laptop. While logged in as mydomain\myuserid, who is only a TS Author, I cannot run "iwsubmit." I get "Permission denied." However, iwsubmit is working fine from inside an External task owned by mydomain\myuserid. I think on UNIX an External task script runs as the task owner (correct?). On Windows it seems to be running as Administrator (which has all the TS roles in my case). Is that indeed the case and is it documented somewhere?
I try to figure out what the External task (Perl) script was running as, so I echoed the "effective user id" ($>). A 0 was printed. Outputting $ENV{USERDOMAIN} and $ENV{USERNAME} printed nothing.
Thanks,
S.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
On Windows I believe it runs as SYSTEM not Administrator - and I'm not sure if this is officially documented, but it's certainly been bantied around the forums a number of times. Essentially Windows doesn't [yet?] provide the ability to do a seteuid like Unix does.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
smenon
We have a prototype solution to do the impersonation on Windows and I am trying to determine if we can get it all sorted out in time for 6.7. I will keep you posted on this as and when I have confirmation from the engineering team.
--Sunil Menon
Sr. Product Manager
Interwoven, Inc.
davemackey
Thanks for your help. That works.