Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Setting up LDAP for OpenDeploy
nipper
Solaris 2.8
OD 6.0.1 (also have TS 6.5)
TS uses LDAP for password verification with the appropriate entries in iw.cfg but we
do not use LDAP on that server normally (i.e. telnet access)
OpenDeploy is installed and it appears that OD needs to use the LDAP client (?).
So I need to find out what must be installed for OD to work, can anyone point me
in the right direction ?
I was told to change /etc/nnswitch.conf with this entry:
passwd: files ldap
But now what ? No LDAP processes appear to be running (if they should)
Tips/Pointers/RTFMs appreciated
Andy
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
CSF is the the link between OD and LDAP (or whatever user directory you have.)
CSF is only required if using the OD Admin UI or web services. (In OD 6.0.2, it's also needed when issuing 'iwodcmd start' if you don't explicitly disable the check in OD.)
I think you should be able to configure CSF for LDAP as described in the "ContentServices Foundation
Installation and Developer’sGuide". Version 1.1 covers LDAP for Unix on p. 17. Seems all you need is to provide connection info to the LDAP server.
nnswitch.conf is a Solaris thing (based on a google search I just did). I'm guessing configuring it for LDAP directs all authentication requests on the Solaris host to an LDAP server. So, if CSF were configured for default (local) authentication, Solaris would take care of the LDAP request.
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
nipper
I think you should be able to configure CSF for LDAP as described in the "ContentServices Foundation
Installation and Developer’sGuide". Version 1.1 covers LDAP for Unix on p. 17. Seems all you need is to provide connection info to the LDAP server.
That was what I had hoped for & is how TeamSite works. Hoever it appears (accoring to support)
that we need to have a local client (that is how IWOV tests CSF/LDAP)
I do have CSF configured just like the docs say, it just does not work. My support call has been open
since Jan, and we are now in production, so this is getting really frustrating.
Andy