Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Tree View Searches in a Knowledge Space
johnguilfoyle
Another quick one --
If using "Tree View" on a Knowledge Space, where is it that I can set up searches / saved searches? Logged in as the owner of the KS, I seem unable to reach the advanced search page (which is on the tab on the left hand side in Tree View)...
Thanks,
-John
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Hi,
You should be able to perform an advanced search and then save it to your KS. The saved search will then appear on the KS
-Bijoy
johnguilfoyle
That's what I thought, but I'm unable to select the KS as a target when I'm definied where I want the saved search to go. Also, I'm not seeing the normal search controls -- I'll attach a screenshot. Is this normal for this view, or is search altogether hosed up?
-John
johnguilfoyle
So I talked to Ajay at support this afternoon... seems like not many (any?) people are making use of this "tree view" functionality in knowledge spaces. There are at least two bugs at work here -- one that prevents people from saving searches to the knowledge space, and one that removes the normal search functionality from the KS. FYI, these aren't ready yet for prime time.
-John
Migrateduser
Hi,
Did you try out the ViewSet at the following devnet link?
http://devnet.interwoven.com/site.fcgi/techlib/54379
Having this viewset is a pre-requisite for the KS tree to work. Within this viewset, you should see 'Saved Search' option on the KS Add Content page.
Please let me know if it does not work.
-bijoy
johnguilfoyle
Aha -- that I did not know. Strange that support didn't relay that tidbit, but perhaps they thought I already had that viewset in place.
Thanks, I'll give it a shot.
-John
Migrateduser
Did you get it working? Please let me know if there are any issues.