Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Saving Shopping Cart VS Saving Search
ScrodMan
Hello.
I have noticed that you can create, save, open, and delete searches. This is amazing!
I was wondering if you can save shopping carts? This would mean that the user could perform searches, find the images they want and save them in a cart title "Project # 1" and then they could repeat this and save different images in a cart titled "Project # 2". This is more powerful than a saved search because a saved cart would not require that you used the keyword search, you could have just found and saved images by browsing.
If the feature is not already built in, can someone recommend how I would go about scripting it?
Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Unfortunately, saved shopping carts are not a feature of the baseline MediaBin web client. There is a partner company that offers this feature as part of a "toolkit" of enhancements to the baseline web client. I don't know what the details about price or license but here is a contact that could give you that information:
matt@rapid-soft.com
.
If you chose to implement the feature yourself, itwould be easy to save the contents of the cart using the XML file access functions defined in the baseline MediaBin web client. However, it may require some effort to modify the existing UI, depending on how sophisticated your UI would be. If you just have a drop down combo with a list of saved shopping carts by name, it should be doable. It might take some time to become familiar with the existing code.
I would suggest you take a look at the Rapid Soft toolkit first.
ScrodMan
Your reply was extremely helpful, thank you so much for your time and effort.