Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
PDFs and EAs
peklo
Using MetaTagger in a Teamsite 6.5 Environment.
When I tag a PDF file, the EAs are displayed in the gui interface (Teamsite/Metada/field) fine.
Where are they in relation to the PDF, are they written to the file, If so, they do not display in the file properties.
is it a seperate file? if so where is it?
Thanks in advance
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
You do not know much about TeamSite do you ?
TeamSite is developed by using a new filesystem. This filesystem can store
files and versions, but also metadata about files. EAs are stored in the internal
workings of the backingstore.
Now, what did you want to do with this information ? Trivia ? OK, we are
done. Or did you want to use the EAs in a way you do not know how to ?
Andy
peklo
I know enough about Teamsite to be dangerous.
Problem is not many people at Interwoven know about much metatagger....so good info is at a premium.
How do I get to the EAs to deploy them. The verity search engine is going to scan the ea's not use a db.
Can I use Open deploy to get them there.
Thanks
areaActivityTest.rptdesign
header2_top.jpg
header2_bottomleft.jpg
header2_bottomcenter.jpg
header2_bottomright.jpg
nipper
How do you want verity to get them ? When OD runs and copies the PDF out to a production
site, the EAs are lost since there is not place ot put an EA. DataDeploy can move the EA into an
XML file (one per PDF) if Verity can accept that information.
peklo
Hmm,
So EAs can only be written to a db on the target server? Otherwise they are lost?
How would I configure DataDeploy to move the ea into an xml? Do you have an example?
Can the DataDeploy be kicked off after the content is tagged?
Thanks
Migrateduser
The EAs will not be lost; but they will not be accessible on the production server; They will still be in TeamSite.
DataDeploy is the usual tool to do this deployment. You can either deploy the data each time it is changed; or on a schedule. If you choose to deploy on change, it can easily be incorporated in a workflow.
You might want to look at the DD manual for examples. There probably are some.
Regards,
lissa
nipper
Check the DD manual for examples.
DD can convert EAs to DB, or XML. The EAs are not lost, they still exist in the
TS server. However when you deploy the files, OD cannot create new EAs
since Unix and DOS do not have the concept of EAs.
THere is an integration between TS/MT and Verity. I am not certain if IW or Verity
wrote it (and owns it). But I would try to find it since it certainly does the task you are
requesting. I know it will, upon deploy, pass the search information from MT/TS to Verity.
HTH
Andy
peklo
I am on TS 6.5 - Open Deploy 6.0 should I refer the the data deploy document for Open Deploy?
nipper
There are seperate docs on the support site for OD and DD. They will probably be on the same CD if you have those.
gzevin
there are heaps of ways to deploy metadata to the search engines.
one of the methods that I personally favour for Verity is BIF format. It is an internal format that Verity itself uses for storing temporary files while indexing.
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU