Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
DataDeploy Exception Handling
djhalliday
Environment:
TeamSite 6.5 SP1
OpenDeploy 6.0.2 (with DD enabled)
Windows 2003 EE
Scenario / Problem:
I'm implementing the IWExternalTupleProcessor class in order to write some custom database callouts prior to DD deploying the data to my DB. Deployments work fine - as long as the data is correct. Currently we simply catch all exceptions and return null, which causes the TuplePreProcessor to halt, which causes DataDeploy to throw a vague exception such as:
'DAS: Error: Exception Occured: null'
Does anyone have any suggestions around handling TuplePreProcessor exceptions (and getting DD to fail gracefully?)
Thanks,
Derek
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
aputnam
I ran into a similar problem. The best I was able to do is log some information into the DD log. IF you are using the 2.0 interface from the Tuple Processor you will have access to command line properties. One of the properties passed is the DD log file (property "logfile"). You can then log any info you wish to the file so that errors can be traced. I usually try to output something right before I return null to alert the user to the error.
djhalliday
Thanks for the reply - I've resigned myself to only being able to return null and log the errors.