Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
how to stop TPL process
chuckles
I have a TPL that, in addition to spitting out an HTML page, runs some critical behind-the-scenes operations. If these other operations fail, the HTML is still generated. Is there some way that I can stop the TPL from generating and throw back an error message to the user? Prefereably a custom message, but anything will do.
TS 5.5.2, Solaris 2.9
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jbonifaci
Sure, code it? Run the other operations first, if they fail, output an error message instead of the html. It's as simple as you've stated. Unless of course you're talking about stopping the generation of the presentation output file, then I'm not sure, I haven't ever tried that. But outputting an error message instead of the html should be simple enough.
~Jeff
Adam Stoller
You'll probably also want to explicitly remove the specified output file if an error occurs - since I believe that gets created automatically with iwpt_compile.ipl and/or iwgen -- if you don't remove it you'll either have the HTML page or a zero-length HTML file.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com