Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
MT Vocab issue
motlnt
Hi All,
I have a browse-only vocabulary named device_vocab.
I associated this vocabulary for the file on which i was setting the metadata.
I added around 800 device vocab associations for this file and saved it.
I could see that the device_vocab and device_vocab_codes got truncated to 4096 characters whereas Subject Metadata was set properly. hence i had no issues while seeing it in MT UI as it gets the data from subject metadata and not device_vocab list terms.
I am stuck in a issue in which while i deploy this association to database, In preprocessor i get the vocab values using /Teamsite/Metadata/device_vocab_codes, do some preprocessing on it and deploy it to database.
I now realized that as the device_vocab_codes was truncated to 4096 characters (this is how metatagger works), only the vocab terms which got included within 4096 characters got deployed to database and rest all were ignored.
I have lost my data in production database because of this issue.
I am working on TS 5.5 and MT 3.5 versions.
Regards
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
j0ej0e
Hi,
You could have a script either in the MT Processors or the database end to do a look up of the actual codes and update them accordingly in your database table. Maybe for your device codes in the vocab you could shorten them, then have a reference either in external file or database table of these values in full.
rgds,
joe
Migrateduser
TeamSite 5.5 had a 4K limit on extended attributes, so individual EA's could not extend beyond this size. TeamSite 6.x has lifted this limit.