Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
different branches=different sites
lj1958
We've had one main branch on teamsite for quite some time (our intranet) and would now like to add other branches for our external web sites.
One of the challenges I'm seeing is setting up the preview for these other sites.
Our intranet uses Websphere, and so the preview for our intranet has been mapped to a dev box running Websphere that mirrors our production site (all the files are jsp's). Looks like t his is done in the [iwproxy] area of iw.cfg, which is now set to something like...
customer_webserver_host=ourdevbox.ourdomain.com
But...our hosted external sites are running on Apache and Tomcat, and only have a few jsp files...mostly .shtml files for the web pages (which means, server side includes as well).
Currently, I'm not getting any preview for the new test branch I've set up with files from one of the external sites. I get a "file not found" error. Looks like a mapping issue, but I don't know if the server side includes are an additional issue.
Attempting to figure out how I could work with iw.cfg in order to get these files to preview, I have two possible ideas...
1) set up special directories on our dev serviers to mimic the external sites, and use [iwproxy_preconnect_remap] to remap those files? Websphere will handle html files, but likely not shtml, I know we have a dual server combo for our intranet, an Apache box and a WebSphere box, and that's duplicated on our dev boxes as well.
2) use the internal preview in TeamSite for our external sites (doen't this use Apache, so I'd have to go in and make sure the configuration was set for SSI, right?), as we used to before we switched to all JSP's on our intranet...if so,how do I set up the second set of configs for those branches, while keeping the intranet branch linked to the Websphere server? Looks like I would use [iwproxy_preconnect_remap] for those workareas/directories as well, right?
Thanks for taking the time to help bump me on track! It's been a long time since anyone around here, including me, took the admin classes.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
chunk
The SSIs should just not show up if the webserver isn't configured for them. Are you doing remapping to another server for the (s)html and jsp's? If so, does that server have the appropriate portions of the backing store mounted? If not, that's probably the source of the file not found.
Good luck,
bill