Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Show different metadata screens for templates
amar_maheshwary
Hi Guys,
I want to set different Metadata for different templates. I am using iwmetadata.cgi and I want this should show me different Metdata DCT with different fields for example for Template
Article it should show me
article title
publish date
abstract
and for directory template it should show
directory name
file1
file2
but as we can have only single datacapture.cfg file for metadata and its being processed by iwmetadata.cgi ..which i can not modify .. then how can we achieve this as I dont want to put this metadata information in my DCR ..
any suggestion will be appreciated ..
Version : TeamSite6.5 + Windows 2003
regards
-Amar
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
RTFM regarding metadata-rules.cfg
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
Hi Ghoti,
Thanks ghoti for the highlight the solution..
plz just elobrate how to create multiple Metadata capture templates for different Category\types of templates. I have the similar req for my Client.
Thanks
Rg
Migrateduser
Thanks Ghoti. I RTFM and got the solution. its preety easy.
amar_maheshwary
Thanks Ghoti.. it was fairly easy and able to achieve the requirement..... metadata-rules.cfg magic :-))
amar_maheshwary
but we are missing something in this..;-)
if I want to display A B C fields for all the rules but only D for rule1 E for rule 2 then we can not define A B C as common components ..becasue it picks the first rule matched and we need to define A B C in all the rules .... I believe this should also be an option to define something on top of ruleset which can be displayed to all the rules and then elements for particular rule matched ...
CheckboxReport_BIRT222.rptdesign
Adam Stoller
You can do nested conditionals within the metadata-rules.cfg:
General Condition: A, B, C
Condition 1: include D
Condition 2: Include E
Re-read the documentation and/or experiment a bit
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
amar_maheshwary
worked cheeerss!!!
pasting here just for refernce if someone wants to use ...Fields under default rule will be called always and then depending upon the next rule matched
<metadata-rules>
<cond vpath-regex=".*">
<rule name="Default Rule" />
<cond vpath-regex="^.*/WORKAREA/work/templatedata/workflow/webcast/.*$">
<rule name="Webcast Rule" />
</cond>
<cond vpath-regex="^.*/WORKAREA/work/templatedata/workflow/whitepaper/.*$">
<rule name="Whitepaper Rule" />
</cond>
<cond vpath-regex="^.*/WORKAREA/work/templatedata/workflow/whitepaper/.*$">
<rule name="QuickPoll Rule" />
</cond>
</cond>
</metadata-rules>
test_SpecialistClaims.rptdesign
WebReport.txt