Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Example OpenDeploy 6 scripts
Nick_Ayles
Afternoon,
We have just upgraded from version 5.6 to 6 and of course there have been some changes. From what I can see our DataDeploy scripts shouldn't need changing but they way they are called within the OpenDeploy scripts is different. Before we were running the DataDeploy scripts as part of the DeployNRun section. I'm really looking for some example scripts with the changes that I need to make or some pointers.
Thanks in advance.
Nick
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
If you want to keep the DNR process - look at
this thread
If you're looking to replace the DNR script and tie OD and DD together at a lower level - I believe there's reasonable coverage of this in the manual - and it would be best if you started with that and then post more detailed questions based on that information.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Nick_Ayles
Thanks for the link to other forum that was very useful.
I have turned my cfg file into an xml file to test it as a standalone deployment whilst I will be using the opendeploy wrapper when I get this working.
However, I am getting some errors when executing
iwodcmd start mytestdd -k iwdd=Deploy
DAS: Deployment : Deploy
DAS: ERROR
eployment not found
DAS: ERROR:ERROR: Unable to determine operation mode
DAS:
### IWDataDeploy FAILED ###
where my data deploy configuration file is
<data-deploy-configuration>
<data-deploy-elements filepath="c:\iw-home\datadeploy\conf\database.xml" />
<client>
<deployment name="Deploy">
.......
.......
</deployment>
</client>
</data-deploy-configuration>
any ideas?
Thanks
Nick
Adam Stoller
What is the name of your datadeploy configuration file?
Where is it located?
From the command line you showed - it should be named "mytestdd.xml" and should be located in IWODHOME/conf/
If this is not the case, then you need to make it so and try again.
Also - have you properly configured OD to run DD in standalone-mode? (I forget the steps off-hand, but I believe it's covered by the DD modular installer and/or documentation in the manual and/or release notes).
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Nick_Ayles
The configuration file sits in od-home/conf and is called mytestdd.xml.
I followed the install manual in setting up standalone deployments so that should be working but I will double check. There aren't any comments in the logs that stipulates that standalone deployments aren't activated.
I appreciate the help.
Thanks
Nick
Nick_Ayles
Just for reference purposes this was fixed by the fact the path to database.xml at the top of the configuration file was incorrect.
You would have anticipated a more useful error message.
Problem solved.
Nick
Migrateduser
> You would have anticipated a more useful error message.
Indeed. Bug filed (#60971).
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com