Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
iManage version
Galcho
Hello guys,
Is there way to detect which version is installed on certain PC?
out clients are using both iManage 5.x and 8.x and we have to support both.
the problem is reading login information form registry as registry keys' structure has been changed in 8.x
Thanks in advance
Galin Iliev
Senior Software Developer
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jny
For WS8, here's the key to query for the installed version:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Interwoven]
"MailSite Version"=8.0
"DeskSite Version"=8.0
If the machine is installed with pre-8, the key would be:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\iManage, Inc.\iManage DeskSite\Version]
"Version"=6.5
Or, you may get a handle to the configurationdata collection off of the session object to look for the Version of the imanage.dll that is being used:
Dim sVersion As String
' Assuming osess is a validated session object
sVersion = osess.ConfigurationData.Item("Version").Value
Galcho
thank you jny,
I have achieved goal bytrying to read HKCU\Software\Interwoven\WorkSite\8.0\Common\Login\RegisteredServers registry key.
if it is not exists then I read iManage 5.x registry keys.
Unfortunately I cannot use ConfigurationData.Item("Version").Value because I need to determine version prior creating session
Galin Iliev
Senior Software Developer