Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
secure authentication
System
I'm new to TeamSite, so I appreciate your patience. This is a two part question really. First, do you feel that authentication is secure enough without using the built in SSL over HTTPS? It looks like the password is not sent in clear text. Secondly, if you do use SSL have you noticed any issues or performance hits? Recommendations?
Thanks!
Brian
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
If anyone is interested, here is the relevant information I found...
=======================================
I believe that the password authentication part is encrypted using Blowfish. It looks like the initial information (session/password) is first encoded. Here is a KB article that provides more detail about this process:
https://support.interwoven.com/kb/kb_show_article2.asp?ArticleID=49640
If you are concerned with security, I would recommend using https instead and there is a slight performance impact. The included SSL certificate (Snakeoil) is only for demo purposes so you will need to generate a new certificate. I'm including a KB article that you can reference (it says it's for 5.0, but it's the same principle for 6.5):
https://support.interwoven.com/kb/kb_show_article2.asp?ArticleID=2409
brizrobbo
https://support.interwoven.com/kb/kb_show_article2.asp?ArticleID=2409
This KB article is no longer accessible. For a more recent one, checkout:
Generating SSL certificates for Teamsite 6.x.x
https://support.interwoven.com/kb/kb_show_article2.asp?ArticleID=59690