Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
changing permissions in TeamSite 6.5
NathansDIS
Hello All-
We are currently running TeamSite 6.5 SP1 on Windows 2000. We have a branch admin who wants to change the file access permissions on their content that was originally set using submit filters in submit.cfg . I have changed the submit filters and am now ready to apply the new permissions to the content. I know that each file in the branch must show as 'modified' in order for submit filters to apply the updated permissions to the files.
The question is this: What is the best way to 'touch' each of the files in the workarea in order to subsequently submit them and have them pick up the new permissions? I was told that our consultant had a script that would 'touch' each of the files, but I cannot find it. Is there such a script available or is it preferable to reimport all of the content into the workarea?
Any insight, suggestions, flames, etc. are much appreciated. I'm sure this has been addressed in this forum before, but I wasn't able to find it.
Thanks,
Nathan Sunderman
Washington State DIS
~~~
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
You didn't say whether you're on Unix or Windows, but here's what I would do in Unix. 1 line would do it for ya...
touch `find /full/path/to/workarea`
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
By the way, I miss Unix terribly.
NathansDIS
We are on windows 2000. Any suggestions for a similar windows relevant command?
-nathan
new_report.zip
Migrateduser
From what I understand, no. However, there are utility packages out there that will emulate unix commands. It's a shame to rely on a 3rd part rather than the OS for this sort of thing, but I don't know of an equivalent command that's native to Windows 2000.
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
By the way, I miss Unix terribly.
Adam Stoller
You might look at writing a fairly simple recursive perl script using the utime() function...
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
NathansDIS
Thanks for the suggestion, does anyone have an example recursive perl script they can post to help get me started? Thx,
-n
jbonifaci
&processDirRecursively('/directory/to/recursively/process');
sub processDirRecursively
{
my ($path) =
@_
;
if (-f $path)
{
&doSomething();
}
else # directory
{
opendir(SOURCE, $path);
my
@nodes
= readdir SOURCE;
closedir(SOURCE);
foreach my $node (
@nodes)
{next if $node =~ /^\.\.?$/; &processDirRecursively("$path/$node")};
}
}#sub processDirRecursively()
Hope this helps.
~Jeff