Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
JDBC Calls in WorkRoute
shuba
I need to execute SQL Server Stored Procedures using JDBC Calls from within the framework of the Java Helper Classes.
The stored procedures and JDBC code execute fine outside of WorkRoute. When I invoke these calls from within the Template realm, they don't give an error, but the sotred procedures are not executing ! I am using the JDBC-ODBC driver. Please help...
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Shuba,
Your Java helper class is executed by the same JVM that the WorkRoute MP service is running in. So I'm willing to bet this must be some kind of a classpath issue. Compare your classpath in your external environment (where your calls work) with the one shown in the <server_dir>/config/programs/workflow.properties directory. You might need to add some JAR files under the <server_dir>/lib directory tree and classpath references into your workflow.properties file.
I'm not sure why else your calls would be failing. Also, presently, you must have some error messages appearing - perhaps in the <server_dir>/logs/stdout/<machine_name>/imworkflow.log file - or so I hope. They might shed some light as to what's going wrong. (Such as a ClassNotFoundException stack trace.)
Please let me know how things go.
Thanks,
Nick
shuba
Nick, thanks for your help, I really appreciate it !
I had to do three things to be able to successfully execute the JDBC programs.
1. I was connecting to the database using the JDBC-ODBC System DSN datasource connection.
I replaced it with the Type4 Microsoft JDBC driver. I think the Web Server or WorkRoute was unable to find the dsn file
which was not in the server's path.
2. I copied the driver related jar files to the lib/workflow directory so WorkRoute can find it.
3. I changed the workflow.properties file to include these jar files.
4. Of course, I changed the java programs to reflect these new driver information ...
Voila, it worked!
Migrateduser
Shuba,
I'm delighted to hear that it worked for you. Thank you so kindly for sharing your successes here on DevNet. I'm willing to bet that this will help someone else in the near future.
All the best,
Nick
The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion. - Thomas Paine