Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Initiate workflow from TPL
maggi
How do I call the workflow when I click on generate button? basically I have to generate the output file and then workflow takes that file and submit,deploy and send an email.
How do I call the workflow from the TPL file?
Any tips, suggestions?
Maggi
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jbonifaci
I would recommend using tt_data and kicking off the workflow after the DCR is saved. The workflow would then generate the output file. Even better would be to have the workflow started before the DCR is created, have the workflow create the DCR and generate after the DCR has been edited and the workflow has been transitioned. Just a few things to consider.
nipper
It can be done, however it it very difficult.
Instead see if you can use the tt_data flag in the available_templates.cfg to do the job. That is
what it is meant for. It invokes off of the close of a DCR and not the generate of an output file.
If you must must must do this off of generate, then you need to learn how to invoke a WF from
iwjobc.
That takes an XML file, not a WFT, and will not preprocesses the WFT. So you need to do the the WF engine
normally does, by building the XML and then invoking it.
Like I say, this is not for the faint of heart, & I would not suggest doing it, but with a great deal of
time and expendable labor, you too can
build a Pyramid.
Andy
jed
If tt_data will not work, you can also use formAPI. Upon form close, we use a callserver event to invoke a workflow via the newjob URL.
--
Jed Michnowicz
jedm@sun.com
Content Management Engineering
Sun Microsystems
Migrateduser
Maggi
tt_data—Specifies this workflow file be invoked when closing a TeamSite FormsPublisher data record in ContentCenter Standard (by default), else you can use the form API callserver() in which can you call NewJob WFT. It might be sucessfull.
Thanks RG