Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Creation Date and File Size
Jamik
Has anyone had any experience getting the creation date and the file size of a given document using Metatagger? Just found out today we need to have that as part of the metadata and I haven't seen anything in the MT documentation that does this. Any ideas/suggestions?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
First see if your files already carry the infomation in their native metadata.
1. set up a Content Processor for your files (by type or path or what hav you)
2. make sure the proprocessor is set to look at your "native metdata" by using the iwmthtmlproc OOTB process.
3. run iwgenmetadata -suggest -dump "filename"
You'll see something that looks likethe file below. Once you verify that it is present - write a process that captures it to the field name you want, set your Content Processors tro support yout fields, then modify your datacapture.cfg as necessary.
<metadata>
<documentMetadata>
<language>english</language>
<encoding>utf_8</encoding>e>
<originalPath>C:\Documents and Settings\mkimbrel\My Documents\iw_Docs\gu_ext.ppt</originalPath>
<nativeMetadata>8F1</value>
<attribute>
<name>LastSave_DTM</name>
<type>string</type>
<value>0E1A0E51</value>
</attribute>ame>
<attribute>/type>
<name>MMClips</name>ation November 9, 2004</value>
<type>string</type>
<value>0</value>
</attribute>name>
<attribute>/type>
<name>ScaleCrop</name>
<type>string</type>
<value>false</value>e>
</attribute>value>
<attribute></value>
<name>CodePage</name>
<type>string</type>
<value>1252</value>
</attribute>
<attribute>name>
<name>_AdHocReviewCycleID</name>
<type>string</type>
<value>1430386952</value>
</attribute>ÇÖ05</value>
<attribute>/value>
<name>EditTime</name>
<type>string</type>
<value>00109100</value>
</attribute>
<attribute>
<name>WordCount</name>
<type>string</type>
<value>5</value>
</attribute>xp ~
<attribute>
<name>PresentationTarget</name>
<type>string</type>
<value>On-screen Show</value>
</attribute>
<attribute>
<name>Author</name>
<type>string</type>
<value>jcowan</value>
</attribute>
<attribute>
<name>RevNumber</name>
<type>string</type>
<value>152</value>
</attribute>
<attribute>
<name>AppName</name>
<type>string</type>
<value>Microsoft PowerPoint</value>
</attribute>
<attribute>
<name>HiddenCount</name>
<type>string</type>
<value>0</value>
</attribute>
<attribute>
<name>_AuthorEmailDisplayName</name>
<type>string</type>
<value>Brian Andersen</value>
</attribute>
<attribute>
<name>Template</name>
<type>string</type>
<value>C:\Documents and Settings\jcowan\Desktop\positioning\ppt_temp_0904.pot</value>
</attribute>
<attribute>
<name>LinksDirty</name>
<type>string</type>
<value>false</value>
</attribute>
<attribute>
<name>SlideCount</name>
<type>string</type>
<value>1</value>
</attribute>
<attribute>
<name>ByteCount</name>
<type>string</type>
<value>63884</value>
</attribute>
<attribute>
<name>ParCount</name>
<type>string</type>
<value>1</value>
</attribute>
<attribute>
<name>NoteCount</name>
<type>string</type>
<value>0</value>
</attribute>
<attribute>
<name>Create_DTM</name>
<type>string</type>
<value>0A1F3141</value>
</attribute>
<attribute>
<name>LastAuthor</name>
<type>string</type>
<value>Leo Zarkhin</value>
</attribute>
<attribute>
<name>_PreviousAdHocReviewCycleID</name>
<type>string</type>
<value>-1328489046</value>
</attribute>
<attribute>
<name>_EmailSubject</name>
<type>string</type>
<value>Latest script and slides</value>
</attribute>
<attribute>
<name>_AuthorEmail</name>
<type>string</type>
<value>banderse@interwoven.com</value>
</attribute>
<attribute>
<name>LastPrinted</name>
<type>string</type>
<value>0B5408F1</value>
</attribute>
</nativeMetadata>
</documentMetadata>
<attribute>
<name>Title</name>
<type>string</type>
<value>Financial Presentation November 9, 2004</value>
</attribute>
<properties/>
</metadata>
Jamik
Thanks for the response. I was beginning to think no one reads the metatagger forums here, heh. Before I posted we were already set up making imd files so we had everything through step 3 done. After I posted I found the fields LastSave_DTM, Create_DTM and ByteCount. However, I was confused with the first two fields because the values for them are in hexidecimal and I'm not sure how that converts back to an actual date string. And I need to be able to convert that date string back to a readable date since we're creating a .bif file that gets sent to our verity server. So if anyone knows how to convert those hexidecimal date strings properly I'd be most grateful.