Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
DataDeploy Help
peklo
I am using Data Deploy to put ea's into xml. I would like to do this with a cgi where the user selects a file , clicks a menu item and kicks off the datadeploy script.
Does the file(in this case a pdf) need to be in staging for data deploy to be able to access it?
If not how can I refer to the specific file in the deploy config file.
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
You should be able to reference a file within any TeamSite area (workarea, staging, edition) in order to extract EAs from it for deployment.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
peklo
Thanks
What is the syntax?
It seems like no matter what I do it deploys all the files from staging not just a specifed single file or even the files in a file list.
Thanks in advance
Adam Stoller
I suggest you spend a bit more time reading the documentation / DTD and/or post your configuration file.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
mannyroble
This is for refering to a file list in the OS file system, but the TeamSite file system is pretty similar. The area is where it will look for the files referred to in the list_of_files.txt
<xml-source options = "wide" area = "c:\test_area" area-type="os-filesystem" xml-type="custom" >
<path filelist="C:\temp\list_of_files.txt" visit-directory="shallow"/>
</xml-source>
Youo can look for this in the OD manual.
Good luck!
peklo
Thanks all that did the trick.
In this scenario is it possible to do a permissionRules in the data deploy config file?
Thanks
mannyroble
I haven't used it personally, but there should be no reason why not the <target> element where you would use it doesn't care about the source.
peklo
The kicker is I have no Target esentially I am just writting the eas to xml. This gets executed from a cgi called from a work flow and the output it gives has root as owner, I want to set the owner to the current user:
- <data-deploy-configuration>
- <client>
- <deployment name="teamsite-to-xml">
- <source>
- <teamsite-extended-attributes options="full" area="$area^">
<path name="$path^" />
</teamsite-extended-attributes>
</source>
- <destinations>
<xml-formatted-data file="$output^" />
</destinations>
</deployment>
</client>
</data-deploy-configuration>
test3.rptdesign
data.csv.zip