Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Multiple Channel Delivery ( WAP, PDA) question
ANCY
I have requirement to support muliple delivery channel requirement like WAP Devices,PDAs etc. I need to specify the
content transformation based on the delivery channel. Is there any way to specify the content transformation rules
during the creation of the content itself?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
A long time ago, Interwoven had a templating interface for doing this kind of thing (OpenChannel?) but I don't believe that exists any more as such [?].
You can develop your own mechanisms within a DCT and/or via EAs to direct for which interface(s) a piece of content is to be generated; and then handle the selective generation aspects within either a single PT or via a script that determines which PTs to use and what to name the generated files and then uses either iwpt_compile.ipl or iwgen to perform the various page generation processes.
Within the DCT you could use either checkboxes or a multi-select list to choose which output formats you would need to generate from the DCR.
You could do something similar with the metadata capture form too if you wanted to store this information as EAs rather than within the actual DCR content.
I'm assuming you know how to write DCTs for both content and/or metadata, and you know how to write PTs and/or scripts for invoking iwpt_compile.ipl or iwgen. If not - you probably need to do a fair amount of RTFM and/or taking some of the training courses offered by Interwoven (click on the Education link at the top of this page for more details).
Also - in the future, I suggest you include information about the version of the product(s) and platform(s) involved in order to get appropriate information in response to your questions.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com