Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Workflow hangs indefinitely
System
TS 6.5 Windows 2003
I can claim the old, familiar, "It was working last night" tagline here. I've started a workflow with very simple tasks at this point. The workflow just hangs on the very first task and when I run Perl in debug mode and again with the -w flag, all looks good and the task proceeds. None of the logs is being touched (not even iwjoberrors.log), so I'm at a loss to understand why it's just hanging.
I've restarted all IW processes and have even rebooted the machine.
What are the common things to look for here?
Dave
Current Environments:
(1,2) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Add lots of debugging to your (presumably) externaltask script - run the workflow the "normal" way and see *where* it "hangs" - then focus in on that area to try to determine *why* it "hangs".
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
Thanks... I've actually done that already and the funny thing is that it doesn't even get to the "use" statements (which, 99% of the time, I put at the very beginning).
Current Environments:
(1,2) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
Adam Stoller
Check very carefully that you have the path to the script and/or the path to iwperl correctly written in the WFT and that the instnatiated (but debug-mode) WFT shows the right string value for the command.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
Well, as it turned out, Log4perl was having problems writing to its log file. And, of course, that's what I was using to debug the thing in the first place.
Thanks.
Current Environments:
(1,2) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
IVNavigationbarFragment.zip