Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
adding fields to MT 4.1
kellyrmilligan
I am now using Metatagger 4.1, changing from MT 4.01. The add new field functionality from the GUI is not there anymore. Not all of my metadata fields are taxonomies, and I am not sure how to do this. I tried modifying metatagger.cfg directly, and that made the fields appear on the gui side of things, but it is not picking it up when I try to tag files through teamsite. I have started and stopped the server a few times,and the documentation for 4.1 only says that you can't create fields. I haven't read all 254 pages, but after scanning for a few hours I have come up with nothing.
Any ideas?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
I tried the MT 4.1 UI briefly myself and I did not like it since it does not allow for some customization which we were able to do in previous versions. The answer that I got from IWOV support is that the new Configuration Manager is designed for less sophisticated or less experienced users. For MT 4.1, it still provides the old admin UI at mthost:9080/mtadmin. For anything that you can't do with the new UI, you can still accomplish with the old UI.
Migrateduser
New Field functionality is there it is just encased now by Type of field. So it may be a Keyword field, vocabulary (taxonomy) based extractor or a Native Metadata Field Type. Jane is right that the product does allow you to use the previous UI and that is useful.
So that I can learn and provide feedback, besides a "Fields" workarea in the UI what other functionality or customizations are problematic or hidden.
Thanks
Morgen
Migrateduser
What type of field are you looking to create? Processor or rack script? If you want to add a processor field, you can specify the name in the pre- or post-processor group section of the configuration manager wizard. If you want to add a rack script field, click on the type of field under manage taxonomies and follow the wizard.