Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Removing service pack backup data
Bill Klish
Teamsite 6.5 SP1
Windows 2003
I want to clean up all the backup files that were created when I installed SP1. I want to be sure I remove everything, where do I need to clean up?
I see in the iwinstall/modules directory about 750mb worth of stuff, but don't want to just blow it all away.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
stefanmaier
Hi,
is it possible to change the iwinstall content?
Installation guide says: "This directory should never be altered, moved, or removed by users.".
But what means "should never be..."?
Stefan
Migrateduser
To Bill's question -
iwinstall/modules contains the uninstallers for the 6.5 base product module and the SP1 module, plus the backup of the base product bits in case you want to uninstall SP1. Are you sure you would never never need to revert back to 6.5? Is your purpose to reclaim some diskspace? You can remove the backup files from modules/<module-name>/6.5.0.1/backup.
To Stefan's question -
What do you mean by changing the content of iwinstall? iwinstall is an administration folder for iwov software. You can certainly add your files to it, which will make it more clutter, but do no harm. However you should never touch iwov-inventory.xml and depend-map.xml. iwinstall also contains jre (used by the uninstaller), product/module uninstallers and backup files for service packs. It's very risky to change things around under that folder w/o any guidance. If important info is lost, there would be difficult for iwov support to help you in case you run into problems, thus the "should never be...".
-Sharon
Edited by chattywoven on 06/09/05 09:59 AM (server time).
Bill Klish
Yes, just trying to reclaim some disk space. I will never want to go back to 6.5, since it isn't until SP1 that I have access to the getClientForTrustedUser method.
If I understand what you said correctly, I can blow away all the modules/<module>/SP6.5.0.1/backup directories.
Is that correct?
Migrateduser
yes, that's what the previous poster meant.
lissa