Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Login and Logout issues on 6.5 SP2
System
Hello,
I have noticed some odd login and logout issues since we upgraded from TeamSite 5.5 to Teamsite 6.5 SP2 in our Dev environment. Upon reboot I can logon lickety split using any role. However, once I log out and try to log on again, the page seems to hang trying to authenticate back into TeamSite using the same role I logged in the first time. If I change roles I can log on very quickly again, but once I log out from that role, the browser hangs again. This continues until the Interwoven Servelet Engine Service crashes. Any ideas?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
pranav
Hi,
Have you directly upgraded from TS5.5 to TS6.5 ? I am not sure but can we directly upgrade to 6.5 ?
-Pranav
Migrateduser
I installed 5.5 SP6 before upgrading. From some more testing it looks like its not a TeamSite SP2 problem. I have the same issue with just the upgrade to 6.5 without the service pack on another dev server. Here is the supported path from Interwovn:
https://support.interwoven.com/kb/kb_show_article2.asp?ArticleID=50378
The following are the supported upgrade paths to TeamSite 6.x.
For 6.5 SP1 you can also upgrade with the following path:
TS 6.1 SP2 --> TeamSite 6.5 --> 6.5 SP1
For 6.5 the possible upgrade paths are shown below:
TS 5.5.2 SP 6 --> TeamSite 6.5
TS 6.1 SP1 --> TeamSite 6.5
Migrateduser
I installed 5.5 SP6 before upgrading. From some more testing it looks like its not a TeamSite SP2 problem. I have the same issue with just the upgrade to 6.5 without the service pack on another dev server. Here is the supported path from Interwovn:
https://support.interwoven.com/kb/kb_show_article2.asp?ArticleID=50378
The following are the supported upgrade paths to TeamSite 6.x.
For 6.5 SP1 you can also upgrade with the following path:
TS 6.1 SP2 --> TeamSite 6.5 --> 6.5 SP1
For 6.5 the possible upgrade paths are shown below:
TS 5.5.2 SP 6 --> TeamSite 6.5
TS 6.1 SP1 --> TeamSite 6.5
Adam Stoller
At one of my past customer sites we "upgraded" from 5.5.2 SP2b to 6.5 SP1 by doing the following:
Install 6.5 (+Search +SP1 + SearchSP1) on
new
server
Stop TeamSite temporarily on
both
servers
Copy backing store from 5.5 system to 6.5 system
Start TeamSite on
both
servers
Migrate customizations -- this is where the biggest amount of time is spent
However, I don't think that has anything to do with the login / logout issues being reported in this thread.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
Pranav
The best practice is upgrade from 5.5.2 to 6.1 and 6.1 to 6.5.
otherwise you would be stuck in existing WF tasks and some otehr templating issues.
Thanks RG
Migrateduser
Ghoti,
is there any BP upgrade document / manual availabe on devnet / support. That will be good to go through before upgrading on such crucial phases.
Thanks RG
Adam Stoller
I don't know / don't remember what's available for upgrades - there certainly used to be documents for upgrading - but that was mostly from 4.x to 5.5.2 which was a very signficant upgrade in terms of the backing store data.
Most of the information about upgrading from 5.x to 6.x exists either in the manuals or in various KB articles on the support site and/or devnet (I found the information when I was looking for it).
There is no reason that I can think of, to upgrade to 6.1 before upgrading to 6.5 -- if you're still on 5.x - you should be able to upgrade straight to 6.5.
If you have the ability to use a new server for your 6.x installation - it's much easier to just take a copy of the existing 5.x backing store and put it on the 6.x server than to go through the "upgrade process" on a single server (plus it means you still have your 5.x server as a backup in case you have problems getting things to work in the 6.x environment).
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
Is there a good document that you have found for taking the backend store and just moving it over to a new 6.5 server?
Adam Stoller
My earlier post documents the basic steps.
If you're on Windows - you need to deal with using iwidmap too - in order to fix SIDs from one server to match the IDs on the new server (if they were local disk accounts).
Other than that, there's not much to it
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com