Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Example Java - Submitting file via Workflow
nickcolorado
Hi,
I am new to using the cssdk. I was wondering if someone might have a sample of the java that would be needed to submit a file using a submit workflow. In the samples provided on the support site there is a direct-submit java example, but no example for submitting a file via a workflow. THANKS!
Nick
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Bowker
I'm confused (normal condition) as to what you want.
CSSDK can do a submit or you can create a new workflow that just happens to have a submit task in it. Can you be a little more specific as to what you're looking for?
Dan Bowker
Win 2k3 Server Enterprise SP1
TS 6.5/SP2
CSSDK 2.5/SP2
OD 6.0.2/SP1
nickcolorado
Hi,
Sorry for the confusion!
Here's what I am looking to do.
We have an existing submit workflow that is used by editors in the teamsite GUI. When an editor submits a file in the teamsite GUI, the workflow submits and deploys the file.
I'd like to be able to trigger that workflow from the cssdk and was having difficulty figuring out how to do so. The examples provided do not show how to use an existing submit workflow from the cssdk.
Thanks for your assistance!
~Nick
reddyl
I am sure if you can use the existing wft source file to invoke the workflow from CS-SDK. So you need to use the job specification of the workflow to instantiate the workflow.
1. Generate the job-specification file from the existing wft source file.
2. Identifify the xml elements (like files ... )of the job specification that changes from each workflow.
3. Remove the values of the variable elements from the job specification file.
4. Write java module or class that will parse the job specification file created in Step 3 and replace it with new values.
5. Instantiate a job using CS-SDK methods.
Hope this will help you to accomplish what you are looking for.
~ reddy
nickcolorado
Hi There,
I found what I was looking for on the support site. See the knowledge base article at
https://support.interwoven.com/kb/kb_show_article2.asp?ArticleID=51377
.
Thanks for your input!
Nick